Re: [Xen-devel] 9p file system for xen

Hi Wei,

On 11/19/2015 8:03 AM, Wei Liu wrote:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 09:55:00AM -0500, Neil Sikka wrote:
Is there any documentation about planned interfaces and API contracts for
people building around the virtio/9pfs layers? For example, while this is
I assume that you're interested in getting 9pfs to work but don't care
much about how it is made to work? I ask because I'm a bit confused by
the notion of "virtio/9pfs" because what Linda did wasn't based on
virtio transport.
A clarification: If you mean the virtio 9pfs transport, my code is based on that, and sits on top of it.

still getting debugged/checked in, in order to build DomU support for these
devices, the expected API contracts/interfaces would need to be known.

I'm not sure I get your question. What do you mean by "build DomU
support"? What kind of DomU support needs insider knowledge of how 9pfs
is setup? Are you talking about your own management stack that starts
VM?

Wei.