Re: [Xen-devel] [Intel-gfx] [Announcement] 2015-Q3 release of XenGT - a Mediated Graphics Passthrough Solution from Intel

Now the format is reported based on guest setting. Some agent needs to
do format conversion in user space.

> > qemu can also use the opengl texture for the guest fb, then fetch the
> > data with glReadPixels().  Which will probably do exactly the same
> > conversion.  But it'll add a opengl dependency to the non-opengl
> > rendering path in qemu, would be nice if we can avoid that.
> >
> > While being at it:  When importing a dma-buf with a tiled framebuffer
> > into opengl (via eglCreateImageKHR + EGL_LINUX_DMA_BUF_EXT) I suspect we
> > have to pass in the tile size as attribute to make it work.  Is that
> > correct?
> >

> I'd guess so, but need double confirm later when reaching that level of
> detail.
> some homework on dma-buf is required first. :-)

btw some questions here:

for non-gl and gl rendering in Qemu, are they based on dma-buf already?

once we can export guest framebuffer in dma-buf, is there additional work
required or just straightforward to integrate with SPICE?

Thanks
Kevin