[Xen-devel] Taking on a Xen development project

Hi,

We're a team of three fourth-year undergraduate software engineering
students at the University of Waterloo in Canada.  We're in the process
of planning for our capstone design project, and are interested in
contributing to Xen.  Ideally, we'd like to take on a hypervisor/kernel
hacking project with roughly the same scope as a Google Summer of Code
project (like the hypervisor or domain support projects described at
[0]), following a similar timeline (roughly May to August 2016).  We're
all broadly interested in systems programming in C, and have each had
relevant academic and internship experiences.

Each of projects [1-3] currently on the Wiki look interesting, though
we'd be completely open to others as well.  In particular, we'd be open
to picking up Ben Catterall's work on HVM x86 deprivileged mode [4].  Do
any of these projects seem like a good fit in terms of usefulness to the
community and our timeline?  If so, we'd love to communicate more with
any maintainers with projects in mind!  We were also hoping to
familiarize ourselves with the project by addressing some Coverity
issues, if any are open at the moment.

Thanks!

Harley Armstrong, Chester Lin, Joshua Otto

[0] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/GSoC_2015
[1] <http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Development_Projects#Utilize_Intel_QuickPath_on_network_and_block_path.> [2] <http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Development_Projects#Introducing_PowerClamp-like_driver_for_Xen> [3] <http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Development_Projects#Allowing_guests_to_boot_with_a_passed-through_GPU_as_the_primary_display> [4] <http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-09/msg01550.html>