Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.5-testing test] 66666: regressions - trouble: broken/fail/pass

On Mon, 2015-12-21 at 09:23 -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > flight 66666 xen-4.5-testing real [real]
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/66666/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> > Âtest-amd64-i386-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64ÂÂ9 debian-hvm-install fail REGR.
> > vs. 66426
> > Âtest-amd64-amd64-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64 9 debian-hvm-install fail REGR.
> > vs. 66426
>
> These seem to fail pretty consistently in 4.6, 4.5, and 4.4, which
> seems odd considering that no similar failure was so far seen on
> -unstable (flight 66590 included the respective commits, and while
> it has many blocked tests the ovmf ones ar not among those). The
> guest appears to not make any attempt to reboot (albeit the libxl
> log shows that shutdown got initiated), but I can't see no other
> oddities in the logs. Thoughts anyone?

The bisections all seem to have been unsuccessful (those are posted only to
the osstest-output list[0]), e.g. [1] shows that the expected baseline was
also unreliable for both cases.

I notice that qemu-X.Y-testing also seems to be suffering failures of these
cases, but there haven't been any recent passes of qemu-upstream-4.5-
testing which might have gotten a lucky pass. Last push seems to have been
in September last year.

The bisection of the same failure on the qemu-upstream-4.4-testing branch
appears to be blocked[2,3]:
    GenFw: ERROR 3000: Invalid
    Â Unsupported section alignment.

Which might be fallout from the Jessie update?

Ian.

[0]Âhttp://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/osstest-output/
[1]Â
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/bisect/xen-4.5-testing/test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64.debian-hvm-install.html