Re: [Xen-devel] Question about VirtIO on Xen - Disk performance issues

There are a few issues in the config files. In conf_DomU_WindowsHVM:

- device_model is set to /usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm, which is the old
  qemu-xen-traditional device model, known to have worse disk
  performance. Just delete this line to use the newer QEMU based tree.
- disk is set to [ '/dev/vg0/winvirtio,raw,xvda1,rw' ], but you cannot
  expose only a partition of a disk to a Windows HVM domain. The correct
  disk line would be: disk = [ '/dev/vg0/winvirtio,raw,hda,rw' ]

In conf_DomU_Xen:

- you are missing builder="hvm", which means you are using a PV guest
  rather than an HVM guest. PV guests tends to be slower on new
  hardware.

What version of Xen are you using?