Re: [Xen-devel] [XenGT][IGVT-g] DomU pgt_device structure initialization

Did you install some specific agent within VM to utilize vgtbuffer ioctl interface? Itâs not a bare metal i915 interface so suppose it shouldnât be invoked for a default Linux distro environment. Yes we should add check to prevent it from being used within VM.

However this error has nothing to do with your laggy UI issue. From my experience such issue is most likely being caused by losing interrupts. For example I saw below error message in your log (only partial line):

[ 5412.902817] vGT error:(vgt_handle_events:1845) IRQ: abandon non-registered [)

You can look into the event detail to see whether such event should be explicitly handled on your platform.

Thanks

Kevin