Re: [Xen-devel] about the waringing message when pciback the VF by 'xl pci-assignable-add'

>>> On 14.01.16 at 03:26, <liang.z.li@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We find when adding a VF by the command 'xl pci-assignable-add $BDF', a
> warning message like this:
> 'libxl: warning: libxl_pci.c:843:libxl__device_pci_assignable_add:
> 0000:03:10.1 not bound to a driver, will not be rebound'
> always appears, our QA team treat this as a bug.

Since I've come across multiple instances of this perception of theirs
before, perhaps it would be a good thing to educate them to the
distinction between error, warning, and informational messages.

> By checking the code, I found it's not a big issue. But the warning message
> is really annoying. Do you think we should remove them?

I don't think so, as the admin might expect the device to get a
driver re-bound. At the very least the warning should be issued
the first time through, but masking subsequent occurrences may
turn out more complicated than is warranted.

Jan