Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 77945: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 14.01.16 at 15:07, <cardoe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1/14/16 7:57 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> On Thu, 2016-01-14 at 05:50 -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>> In any event - Doug, you should point out such dependencies in
>>> the submission, e.g. after the first --- marker.
>>
>> Really they should have been in the same series in this case.
>
> They were all in the same thread. And were all acked. But the first one
> against the tools shouldn't have been necessary, it should have still built.

Indeed I now see they were, but that's visible only in a threading
capable mail client (which mine isn't). The patches should have
been 1/3, 2/3, and 3/3, instead of the tools one being unnumbered
and the hypervisor ones being 1/2 and 2/2. And the latest at the
point where we had to revert the hypervisor ones (or when we
were about to re-apply them) you should have shouted to tell us
(me) that these got applied too early anyway.

Jan