Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] Assertion '(sp == 0) || (peoi[sp-1].vector < vector)' failed at irq.c:1163

>>> On 15.01.16 at 13:32, <hakon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> placed microcode.bin in /boot/microcode.bin
>
>   booted with :
> ---
> xen_commandline        : ssd-xen-debug-marker console_timestamps=date
> loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all sync_console iommu=1,verbose,debug
> iommu_inclusive_mapping=1 com1=115200,8n1 console=com1 dom0_max_vcpus=4
> dom0_vcpus_pin=1 dom0_mem=8G,max:8G cpufreq=xen:performance,verbose
> tmem=1 sched_smt_power_savings=1 apic_verbosity=debug e820-verbose=1
> core_parking=power ucode=microcode.bin
> ---

This can't work - did you look at the command line documentation?
You can't specify a file name here - there's no file system driver
inside the hypervisor, and hence it can't read files (it instead has
to rely on the boot loader bringing those into memory for it).

> #cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep micro
> says: microcode    : 0x31
>
> This is no change from previous boot.
> Now: How do I know wheter 0x31 is the newest?

By checking - for the precise model and stepping of your CPU(s) -
the information in the blob (which admittedly is a little cumbersome,
but without knowing model and stepping I also can't try to help).

Jan