Re: [Xen-devel] [XenGT][IGVT-g] DomU pgt_device structure initialization

Hello Greg,

Thanks for answer.

I am trying that you advice me.
Seems that there is same results.

Currently I am stopped this task, but if someone have more ideas why it can be write please, Ill check.

Btw, I tried to look at /sys/kernel/debug/vgt/irqinfo and here seems all is fine:
--------------------------ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Interrupt control status:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
vGT: VLVDEISR is 10, VLVDEIIR is 0, VLVDEIMR is fffdff7f, VLVDEIER is 200f0ÂÂÂÂ
vGT: DEISR is 0, DEIIR is 0, DEIMR is 0, DEIER is 80000000ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
vGT: SDEISR is 0, SDEIIR is 0, SDEIMR is 0, SDEIER is 0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
vGT: GTISR is 0, GTIIR is 0, GTIMR is 400001, GTIER is 401001ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
vGT: PMISR is 0, PMIIR is 0, PMIMR is 0, PMIER is 70ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
vGT: RCS_IMR is ffffffff, VCS_IMR is ffe00fff, BCS_IMR is ffffffffÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Total 207574 interrupts logged:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂ WARNING: precisely this is the number of vGTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂ physical interrupt handler be called,ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂ each calling several events can beÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂ been handled, so usually this numberÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
#ÂÂÂÂÂÂ is less than the total events number.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 4042: Render Command Streamer MI USER INTERRUPTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Render MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Video MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 426: Blitter Command Streamer MI USER INTERRUPTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Billter MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 202447: Pipe A vblankÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 38975: Render geyserville UP evaluation interval interruptÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1987: RP UP threshold interruptÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 21: Render Frequency Downward Timeout During RC6 interrupt
 11740980876912: Last pirqÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
 11740981018263: Last virqÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 78066: Average pirq cyclesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 15262: Average virq cyclesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 228105: Average delay between pirq/virq handlingÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
-->vgt-0:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
....vreg (gtlc_mir: 80000000, vlvier: 200f0, vlviir: 0, vlvimr: fffdff2f, vlvis)
....vreg (gtier: 401001, gtiir: 0, gtimr: 400001, gtisr: 0)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
....vreg (sdeier: 0, sdeiir: 0, sdeimr: 0, sdeisr: 0)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
....vreg (pmier: 70, pmiir: 0, pmimr: 0, pmisr: 0)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
....vreg (rcs_imr: ffffffff, vcs_imr: 0, bcs_imr: ffffffffÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
 11740981028847: Last injectionÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Total 208373 virtual irq injection:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 3399: Render Command Streamer MI USER INTERRUPTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Render MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Video MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 405: Blitter Command Streamer MI USER INTERRUPTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Billter MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 202205: Pipe A vblankÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 2304: Primary Plane A flip doneÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 38642: Render geyserville UP evaluation interval interruptÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1737: RP UP threshold interruptÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 21: Render Frequency Downward Timeout During RC6 interrupt
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
-->vgt-1:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
....vreg (gtlc_mir: 80000000, vlvier: 0, vlviir: 0, vlvimr: ffffffff, vlvisr: 0)
....vreg (gtier: 401001, gtiir: 0, gtimr: 400001, gtisr: 0)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
....vreg (sdeier: 0, sdeiir: 0, sdeimr: 0, sdeisr: 0)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
....vreg (pmier: 0, pmiir: 0, pmimr: 0, pmisr: 0)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
....vreg (rcs_imr: ffffffff, vcs_imr: 0, bcs_imr: ffffffffÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂ 9054347637006: Last injectionÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Total 259251 virtual irq injection:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 3359: Render Command Streamer MI USER INTERRUPTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Render MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Video MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 174: Blitter Command Streamer MI USER INTERRUPTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 1: Billter MMIO sync flush statusÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 391176: Pipe A vblankÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 3604: Primary Plane A flip doneÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

With best regards,
ÂOleksii

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Dr. Greg Wettstein <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 5, 10:04am, Oleksii Kurochko wrote:
} Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [XenGT][IGVT-g] DomU pgt_device structure initial

> Hey.

Hi Oleksii, I hope this note finds your day going well.

> Strange for me was that I got vmid=0 and gen_type=0, so I decided go
> to i915_gem_vgtbuffer_ioctl and write next at the start: if
> (!xen_initial_domain()) { return -EPERM; } Also same code is in 3.17
> kernel from XenGT-kernel repo.
>
> it seems that there is no more this error now( from vgt_fb_decoder ), BUT
> there is often freeze or very laggy UI in guest.
>
> What it can be?

It wasn't in this e-mail but I went through the console logs which
were in one of your postings on the IGVT-g list. I believe you have
your hypervisor configured for synchronous serial console output
(sync_console command-line parameter) and you are directing your dom0
kernel console logging through the Xen provided serial interface.

Setting this option is documented to cause significant latencies. In
fact there is a warning about this in the Xen console logs when the
hypervisor boots. Here is the code snippet from
Âxen/drivers/char/console.c:console_endboot() which produces the
message:

if ( opt_sync_console )
{
    printk("**********************************************\n");
    printk("******* WARNING: CONSOLE OUTPUT IS SYNCHRONOUS\n");
    printk("******* This option is intended to aid debugging "
       Â"of Xen by ensuring\n");
    printk("******* that all output is synchronously delivered "
       Â"on the serial line.\n");
    printk("******* However it can introduce SIGNIFICANT latencies "
       Â"and affect\n");
    printk("******* timekeeping. It is NOT recommended for "
       Â"production use!\n");
    printk("**********************************************\n");

It appears as if you were generating significant amounts of kernel log
output which may be at the root of the unacceptable latencies. I
would start by turning off that option and see if your guest
performance improves.

> With best regards,
>Â Oleksii

Good luck with your work.

Greg

}-- End of excerpt from Oleksii Kurochko

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein, Ph.D. ÂEnjellic Systems Development, LLC.
4206 N. 19th Ave.     ÂSpecializing in information infra-structure
Fargo, NDÂ 58102Â Â Â Â Â Â development.
PH: 701-281-1686
FAX: 701-281-3949Â Â Â Â Â ÂEMAIL: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sweeny's Law: The length of a progress report is inversely proportional
Âto the amount of progress."

Oleksii Kurochko | Embedded Dev
GlobalLogic
www.globallogic.com