Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netfront crash when detaching network while some network activity

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 12:30:48PM +0000, Joao Martins wrote:

> On 01/20/2016 09:59 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> >> Using above procedure - all the time.

> >> PV, started by libvirt. This may have something to do, the problem didn't
> >> existed on older Xen (4.1) and started by xl. I'm not sure about kernel
> >> version there, but I think I've tried there 3.18 too, which has this
> >> problem.
> >>
> >> But I don't see anything special in domU config file (neither backend
> >> nor frontend) - it may be some libvirt default. If that's really the
> >> cause. Can I (and how) get any useful information about that?
> >
> > libvirt naturally does some libxl calls, and they may be different.
> >
> > Any chance you could give me an idea of:
> >  - What commands you use in libvirt?
> >  - Do you use a bond or bridge?
> >  - What version of libvirt you are using?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > CC-ing Joao just in case he has seen this.
> >>
> Hm, So far I couldn't reproduce the issue with upstream Xen/linux/libvirt,
> using
> both libvirt or plain xl (both on a bridge setup) and also irrespective of the
> both load and direction of traffic (be it a ping flood, pktgen with min.
> sized packets or iperf).

I've ran the test again, on vanilla 4.4 and collected some info:
 - xenstore dump of frontend (xs-frontend-before.txt)
 - xenstore dump of backend (xs-backend-before.txt)
 - kernel messages (console output) (console.log)
 - kernel config (config-4.4)
 - libvirt config of that domain (netdebug.conf)

Versions:
 - kernel 4.4 (frontend), 4.2.8 (backend)
 - libvirt 1.2.20
 - xen 4.6.0

In backend domain there is no bridge or anything like that - only
routing. The same in frontend - nothing fancy - just IP set on eth0
there.

Steps to reproduce were the same:
 - start frontend domain (virsh create ...)
 - call ping -f
 - xl network-detach NAME 0

Note that the crash doesn't happen with attached patch applied (as noted
in mail on Oct 21), but I have no idea whether is it a proper fix, or
just prevents the crash by a coincidence.

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-GÃrecki