Re: [Xen-devel] Status of "dma, x86, xen: reduce SWIOTLB usage in Xen guests" series

On 23/01/16 22:12, Sarah Newman wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We are having problems related to mptsas and "swiotlb buffer is full" with
> the Xen4CentOS kernel (3.18). It looks like the last related work was
> the series
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-12/msg00770.html
> back at the end of 2014 and I'm wondering if there are any plans
> to revive the series.

I should try and revive it...

> The error with swiotlb has caused us a massive amount of problems. We set
> swiotlb=32768 on one server and are still seeing this error message on
> occasion. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

As a workaround, you can give dom0 more than 4 GiB and then the driver
will set a 64-bit DMA mask.  I don't think the memory needs to populated
so something like dom0_mem=2GiB,max:4GiB might work.

David