Re: [Xen-devel] [v3,11/41] mips: reuse asm-generic/barrier.h

On 01/27/2016 03:26 AM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, Leonid Yegoshin wrote:

So you need to build a different kernel for some types of MIPS systems?
Or do you do boot-time rewriting, like a number of other arches do?
I don't know. I would like to have responses. Ralf asked Maciej about old
systems and that came nowhere. Even rewrite - don't know what to do with that:
no lightweight SYNC or no SYNC at all - yes, it is still possible that SYNC on
some systems can be too heavy or even harmful, nobody tested that.
 I don't recall being asked;
In http://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/10505/ the very last mesg exchange is:

Maciej,

do you have an R4000 / R4600 / R5000 / R7000 / SiByte system at hand to
test this?
  Ralf
Maciej W. Rozycki - June 5, 2015, 9:18 p.m.
On Fri, 5 Jun 2015, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> do you have an R4000 / R4600 / R5000 / R7000 / SiByte system at hand to
> test this?

 I should be able to check R4400 (that is virtually the same as R4000)
next week or so.  As to SiByte -- not before next month I'm afraid.  I
don't have access to any of the other processors you named.  You may
want to find a better person if you want to accept this change soon.

  Maciej
... and that stops forever...

- Leonid.