Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] tools: don't use qemu default config

On 03/11/2016 03:28 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 03:08:30PM -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:
>> I recently changed SUSE's Xen package to use the distro qemu instead of
>> building
>> qemu-xen. This got some other eyes looking at Xen's use of qemu and it was
>> noticed that libxl and xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service do not include
>> '-no-user-config' when invoking qemu. The latter also does not include
>> '-nodefaults'. Commit 6ef823fd added '-nodefaults' to the qemu args created
>> by
>> libxl, but missed adding it to the qemu args in
>> xen-qemu-dom0-disk-backend.service.
>>
>> I _think_ adding '-nodefaults' to the qemu args in the service file is
>> non-controversial. What do folks think of also adding '-no-user-config'? It
>> seems the global config in /etc/qemu/qemu.conf would end up being more
>> problematic than helpful for Xen.
> Is there a description (or URL) of what one can jam in there?

I failed to find one. I asked a few SUSE qemu devs and they too had no
documentation hints, but noted "pretty much anything that fits in the command
line can go into the config file these days".

The user config files are .ini-style. Command line option  '-opt_a foo=1,bar=2'
becomes

  [opt_a]
    foo=1
    bar=2