Re: [Xen-devel] Interested to participate in Outreachy Program

On 3/21/16 7:12 AM, sabiya kazi wrote:
> Hi Doug,
> Can you please help on questions/problems where I am stuck?
> Deadline for applying for outreachy is coming closer.
> Regards,
> Sabiya
>
> Hi Doug,
>          I am done with building of xen source.Now, I have started looking
> at source files and identifying changes required for given task.
>
>    As you suggested, I went through virsh command source to get idea how
> escape sequence char option is implemented. Based on that,I came up with
> following findings:
> *To complete this task, Steps will be*
>

>    1. Do help related change in libxl/xl_cmdtable.c

yes

>    2. Add handling of one more option for command 'xl console' in file
>    xl_cmdimpl.c in method  main_console.  From this method, call is delegated
>    to libxl_console_exec() in libxl.c

yes or libxl_primary_console_exec() so if the -e arg is specified you'll
need it to go into libxl_console_exec() as well.

>    3. libxl_console_exec delegates to execl(), Do some changes in this
>    method.

yes.

> *Question/Doubts:*
>
>    -  Where I need to use this escape char?

it will be passed to the xenconsole program from step 3 above.

>    -  libxl_console_exec() is called by many methods Will it affect other
>    flows as well?

You will have to add a parameter and default it to NULL and that will
cause the underlying call to execl() to not specify that option.

>    - Could not find execl method implementation where it actually prints
>    data

Not sure I understand.

>    - Changes for handling escape char are not cleared

tools/console/client/main.c you'll find ESCAPE_CHARACTER hard coded.
You'll have to add an option here that execl() above in step 3 will
specify to pass the argument and utilize it.

> Can you please help me on this?

Hopefully my comments above made sense. I'll be in the office the rest
of the week so I should be able to help if you run into any other
roadblocks.

--
Doug Goldstein