[Xen-devel] Policy for force pushing smoke branch Was: Re: [xen-unstable-smoke test] 88656: regressions - FAIL

Wei Liu writes ("Policy for force pushing smoke branch Was: Re: [Xen-devel]
[xen-unstable-smoke test] 88656: regressions - FAIL"):
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 01:15:53PM +0000, osstest service owner wrote:
> > flight 88656 xen-unstable-smoke real [real]
> > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/88656/
> >
> > Regressions :-(
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > including tests which could not be run:
> >  build-amd64-libvirt           5 libvirt-build             fail REGR. vs.
> > 88144
> >
> > Tests which did not succeed, but are not blocking:
> >  test-amd64-amd64-libvirt      1 build-check(1)               blocked  n/a
>
> This failed because libvirt doesn't set LIBXL_API_VERSION. It is not a
> bug in Xen code base.
>
> I don't think we have precedent of force-pushing smoke branch, so we
> need to decide what to do here.

Indeed.

> It would take some time for libvirt fix to land and propagate to our own
> mirror.

There is also a risk that the libvirt fix wouldn't pass osstest's push
gate for the libvirt branch.

> I would like to avoid holding backing xen.git push for too long
> if possible. So I'm for force-pushing the smoke branch and subsequently
> master branch if necessary.

I concur.  I will wait a bit for contrary opinions, though.

Thanks,
Ian.