Re: [Xen-devel] Running Xen on Nvidia Jetson-TK1

On 07/04/16 08:48, Dushyant Behl wrote:
Hello,

Hi Dushyant,

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Dushyant,

On 29/03/16 21:56, Dushyant Behl wrote:

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 12:31 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 24/03/16 11:05, Dushyant Behl wrote:

(XEN) DOM0: [    0.000000] irq: no irq domain found for
/interrupt-controller !
(XEN) DOM0: [    0.000000] irq: no irq domain found for
/interrupt-controller !
(XEN) DOM0: [    0.000000] irq: no irq domain found for
/interrupt-controller !
(XEN) DOM0: [    0.000000] arch_timer: No interrupt available, giving up

It looks like to me that Xen is not recreating the device-tree correctly. I
would look into the kernel to find what is expected.

This looks like a possible bug (or some missing feature) in Xen's
device tree creation which could
take some time to handle, so if I could be of any more help to you
with this issue please let me know.

There was a conversation on #xen-arm few days ago about this problem.
Xen doesn't correctly recreate the GIC node which result in a loop between the interrupt controller. Can you try the below patch?

http://dev.ktemkin.com/misc/xenarm-gic-parents.patch

[I've cc'ed Ian Campbell in this mail (Sorry for cc'ing you explicitly)]

Ian's citrix e-mail is not valid anymore. I have CC'ed the new one.

Ian,

Actually, I want to run Xen on the Tegra Jetson board for some project
of mine but currently Linux-4.1 is
failing as dom0 because its not able to receive interrupts from the arch_timer.
This link contains the dom0 failure boot log -
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-03/msg03715.html

In your patch for *Hacky* support for Jetsok-TK1 you said that you
were able to run guests on
Jetson-tk1 board with Xen. Can I know which kernel version you used as
dom0 (and possibly domU guests)?

Regards,

--
Julien Grall