[Xen-devel] Should we mark RTDS as supported feature from experimental feature?

Hi Dario and all,

When RTDS scheduler is initialized, it will print out that the
scheduler is an experimental feature with the following lines:

    printk("Initializing RTDS scheduler\n"

           "WARNING: This is experimental software in development.\n"

           "Use at your own risk.\n");

On RTDS' wiki [1], it says the RTDS scheduler is experimental feature.

All of the above information haven't been updated since Xen 4.5.

However, inside MAINTAINERS file, the status of RTDS scheduler is
marked as Supported (refer to commit point 28041371 by Dario Faggioli
on 2015-06-25).

In my opinion, the RTDS scheduler's functionality is finished and
tested. So should I send a patch to change the message printed out
when the scheduler is initialized?

If I understand correctly, the status in MAINTAINERS file should have
the highest priority and information from other sources should keep
updated with what the MAINTAINERS file says?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[1] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/RTDS-Based-Scheduler

Thanks,

Meng

--
Meng Xu
PhD Student in Computer and Information Science