Re: [Xen-devel] xc_altp2m_set_vcpu_enable_notify fail

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 11:43:04AM +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 07:42:34PM +0800, Big Strong wrote:
> > >
> > > Check the errno please, thats' where the information is stored.
> >

> > I looked up in the source code of xen 4.6, and find that errno 4 indicates
> > "Interrupted system call
> > <http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob;f=xen/include/public/errno.h;h=8c88bb1d40ff370c2824bb214bddfda4540528ed;hb=b24ad7ba911a9f0688ab179736476e44c52144f1#l36>",
> > I'm not sure if it is the cause.
> >

> That error number is internal to Xen, so you could be looking at the
> wrong source.
>
> The errno business is a bit messy. In general privcmd translates Xen's
> errno into OS's errno. So in this case you need to look at your
> operating system's errno.

A bit more information on this. There is a on-going discussion on the
errno topic on xen-devel. The safe bet is that if you use errno in the
os it is probably in the os name space. If you get errno from hypercall
struct it should be in xen's name space.

Wei.