Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.7 Test Day Instructions for RC2+ : Call to action for people who added new features / functionality to Xen 4.7

On 09/05/16 17:56, Lars Kurth wrote:

On 9 May 2016, at 17:17, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

(CC Shannon, Stefano and Steve)

Hi Lars,

On 09/05/16 16:28, Lars Kurth wrote:
Hi all,

I added the following sections based on git logs to man pages. Authors are on
the CC list and should review and modify (or suggest edits by replying to this
thread). I added/updated/added TODO's to:

I do have some questions, to ...
- Konrad/Ross: is there any documentation for xSplice which I have missed?
- Julien: Any ARM specific stuff you want people to test?

General testing of Xen on the boards we are supporting.

That is already in the boilerplate, but I can make it more prominent

We may also want some testing on ACPI, which will be in tech preview for Xen
4.7. However this is requiring platform with ACPI 6.0 (or later). If I remember
correctly, none of the ARM64 platform we support fulfill this requirement.
Steve, do you have any platform in mind?

Shannon, which platform have you used for the ACPI development? Was it the
Foundation Model?

If so we would need to write down (or update) a wiki page with the instructions
to boot Xen on the model.

That makes sense

There was wallclock also, if I recall

Good point. Stefano, how can it be tested? Is checking the date in the guest enough?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall