[Xen-devel] Kconfig docs [was: Re: Xen 4.7 Test Day Instructions for RC2+ : Call to action for people who added new features / functionality to Xen 4.7]

[trimming the Cc list]

On Mon, 2016-05-09 at 21:59 -0500, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> On 5/9/16 10:28 AM, Lars Kurth wrote:
>
> > - Doug: are there any docs / tests for KCONFIG you want to push
> Not at this time. Unless someone has an idea for what they'd like to

This is not specifically related to test-day/test-instructions, but as
far as I can tell:
 1) there's no wiki page saying that we have Kconfig and how to use it,
 2) we haven't blogged about it.

I'd say we should do both, but I guess 2 depends on how much we really
want this possibility of changing the default configuration to be
advertised. As I think the answer is "not much", we may better don't
blog.

But at least 1, I think it should be there.

As a matter of fact, I still haven't given explicitly using Kconfig on
Xen a try yet (despite wanting to), so I'm not sure about the
content... But just something simple stating that it's there, what it
covers (Xen only vs. Xen+tools, etc), how to achieve what's been the
default so far, how to achieve something slightly different...
something like this.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario