Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Q35 & virtual VTD support

On 5/10/2016 6:11 PM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
Hello Tianyu,

I am CC'ing Anthony who should have a better idea about this. Also
please use my kernel.org email address for future correspondence.

OK. I get it.

What do you mean by reusing Q35 for Xen? If you mean using QEMU to
emulate a Q35 based machine for HVM guests, I think that should be OK.

From xl code, I findit passes pc, xenpv or xenfv as "-machine" param
to Qemu except Q35. I also tried changing code to select Q35 in the xl
but guest didn't boot up. So I want to check whether Xen supports Q35 in
the current code or not.

If yes, we can reuse Qemu virtual VTD for Xen with minor changes.

Thanks,

Stefano