Re: [Xen-devel] Build problems with xen 4.7

On Fri, 13 May 2016, Jan Beulich wrote:

> > Still an issue - with 4.7.0-rc1.
>
> And I don't recall anyone having contributed a fix/workaround.
>
> > If I do:
> >
> > $export CFLAGS=" "'
> > $make
> >
> > I end up with:
> > gcc -E -O1 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -m64 -DBUILD_ID -g -fno-strict-aliasing
> > -std=gnu99
> >[...]
> > <command-line>:0:0: error: "__OBJECT_FILE__" redefined [-Werror]
> > <command-line>:0:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
> > <command-line>:0:0: error: "__OBJECT_LABEL__" redefined [-Werror]
> > <command-line>:0:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
> > cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> > Makefile:62: recipe for target 'compat/callback.i' failed
>
> My previous recommendation stands: Then just don't do this.

I hacked around it for my test builds (eg. see my test build at
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/myoung/xentest/build/204111/
) by not setting CFLAGS in the environment, but by instead adding the
recommended Fedora RPM settings into config/StdGNU.mk via a different
environment variable.

Another thing you might need to know if you are building xen on Fedora 24
is that you need to add -fno-tree-coalesce-vars if you are on a gcc-6.0.0
package (it may be fixed in gcc-6.1.1-2.fc24 which has just come out but I
haven't tested it yet).

        Michael Young