Re: [Xen-devel] [HACKATHON 2016] ARM Status

Hi Konrad,

On 16/05/16 20:43, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 04:41:51PM +0100, Steve Capper wrote:
[Apologies for the late send]

Xen - ARM Status
================
There was discussion on the following items:

*) Booting Xen on 64-bit ARM SoC
   o) Unfortunately Xen was executed in EL1.
   o) Advice was given that the firmware should boot the Xen in EL2.
   o) The ARMv7 secure mode switch to Hyp trick is not valid on AArch64.

*) ARMv7 Cubietruck bringup was also discussed
   o) One pain point mentioned was debugging the DomU guest
   o) There are no debug capabilities for a Xen guest, but
   o) There are a set of hyp calls that can be placed in the guest to
      aid with debugging.
   o) The documentation on these hyp calls needs refreshing in a wiki
      somewhere?
   o) Details of these can be found at: xen/arch/arm/traps.c

*) There is no list of names/ownership for HW platforms
   o) This is due to it being non-trivial to deduce a name from wiki
      activity.
   o) If people care about a board, they should make themselves known.

I care about the CubieBoard5. I hadn't actually been able to do
much on it as the default loaded firmware does not seem to be
able to read any microSD card so I am afraid to update the uboot.

I haven't played with the CubieBoard5 before. From my understanding, the firmware/bootloader resides at the beginning of the SD-card.

So if you backup your SD-card you will be able to revert any non-working change. For more details see [1].

Regards,

[1] https://linux-sunxi.org/Bootable_SD_card#Bootloader

--
Julien Grall