Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 94672: regressions - trouble: blocked/broken/fail/pass

On 22/05/16 15:58, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 09:14:36AM +0000, osstest service owner wrote:
>> flight 94672 xen-unstable real [real]
>> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/94672/
>>
>> Regressions :-(
>>
>> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
>> including tests which could not be run:
>>  test-amd64-amd64-xl-qemuu-ovmf-amd64 17 guest-start/debianhvm.repeat fail
>> REGR. vs. 94580
> This has been consistently failing in the last 5 flights.
>
> The most likely culprit seems to be
>
>  x86emul: suppress writeback upon unsuccessful MMX/SSE/AVX insn emulation

The bisector (message
<E1b4M5H-0007yh-V5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ) fingers your bump
of the ovmf version, which precedes this MMX change.

However, it is curious as your bump of the ovmf has already passed the
push gate.

Either the bisector is right, in which case why did your ovmf change get
into master in the first place, or the bisector is wrong, in which case
why didn't it identify this change as the culprit.  I am confused.

~Andrew