Re: [Xen-devel] ARM Xen Bug #45: Is there a solution?

On 24/05/2016 14:39, Dirk Behme wrote:
Hi Julien,

Hello Dirk,

On 23.05.2016 22:15, Julien Grall wrote:
Hello Dirk,

is there a solution for

arm: domain 0 disables clocks which are in fact being used
http://bugs.xenproject.org/xen/bug/45

?

On an ARM based board I have to use 'clk_ignore_unused' preventing that
Dom0 disables the UART clock for the console UART configured with
console=hvc0.

There is no better solution than passing "clk_ignore_unused" on the
kernel command line so far.

What would be the solution for this issue? The

"propagate any clock related properties from the UART
node into the Xen hypervisor node"

mentioned in the ticket?

That is correct. Xen would copy the property "clocks" of the UART into the hypervisor node.

DOM0 would then parse the clocks associated to this node and mark them as used by Xen (I think CLK_IGNORE_UNUSED could do the job for us).

Regards,

--
Julien Grall