Re: [Xen-devel] 4.7 qemu regression: HVM guests fail to boot from xvda

On Fri, Jun 03, George Dunlap wrote:

> I'd be OK with this.  But is the "hdtype unset" also available at the
> libxl level?

Yes, it could. Right now the .idl sets it to IDE. Looks like another
enum has to be added and announced via a #define.

> Although I still think that the XenoLinux kernels should as soon as
> posssible try to move to following upstream Linux's practice of not
> stealing major numbers of other drivers.

Existing domUs cant be changed.

I will provided a patch for libxl and libvirt as a base for further
discussion.

Olaf