Re: [Xen-devel] Question about device tree block

On 09/06/16 00:40, 조현권 wrote:
Hi i have a question about device tree block area

Hello,

In the function setup_mm xen copy original device tree block to the end
of xen heap space

Original device tree block area seems useless during domain0 creation
but xen discard it with kernel modules after dom0 memory allocation finished

Is there any special reason??

There is no specific reason. It is just easier to discard all the modules in the same place. Note that we do the same for the XSM module too.

+) what is the job of kernel module?

I am not sure to understand the question here.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall