Re: [Xen-devel] Next 4.6.x stable release, numbering, qemu-tag

On 14/06/16 20:27, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>> And, we ought not to let this issue delay the actual point release and
>> it is close to being on the critical path.  A decision is needed.
>
> My personal preferred color is 4.6.2.1 (and I believe we did a similar
> release in the past: RELEASE-4.1.6.1)

I thought we had a discussion about this before and determined that this
would be confusing.  My understanding was that at some point we agreed
that we'd only go with three levels, and to just "burn" a point number
if a situation like 4.1.6.1 ever came up again.  There's no reason to go
back and revisit that decision.

And Jan's point (as I understand it) is that the Xen tree has not been
tagged yet, and so the Xen release number shouldn't be restricted by the
fact that the corresponding qemu *has* been tagged.  So I suspect he'd
object to 4.6.2.1 for the same reason he objects to 4.6.3.

 -George