Re: [Xen-devel] repeating 'd1v0 Over-allocation for domain 1' messages in xen 4.7 Host logs on PVHVM Guest launch

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 09:27:40 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:27:51 +0000

In summary, there's a problem

An indication of the guest trying to allocate more memory that the host admin has allowed.

that's filling logs with 10s of thousands of redundant log entries, with a suspicion that it's 'ballooning' issue in the guest

        Perhaps something wrong in the guest's balloon driver.

With no currently known way to identify or troubleshoot the problem, and provide info here that could be helpful

        I'm simply not aware of existing output which would help; I can't
        see any way around instrumenting involved code.

Not particularly ideal.

Since this is the recommended bug-report channel, any next suggestions?

Is there a particular dev involved in the ballooning that can be cc'd, perhaps to add some insight?