Re: [Xen-devel] How to find out how much cpu time each domain used?

On Mon, 2016-07-04 at 20:09 +0000, Amin Fallahi wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am modifying credit scheduler and I want to give credit to each
> vcpu based on cpu time which its domain has consumed.
> Suppose:
> credit_fair =((credit_total*sdom->weight)+(weight_total-
> 1))/weight_total

Mind describing what your actual end goal is, and spending a little
more word describing how you were thinking to achieve it?

I see the formula, but I don't understand:
 - what is it that you are trying to improve/achieve? Better fairness,
   I guess?
 - how do you plan to use such formula, i.e., where in the algorithm
   you'd put it? Credits are already been burned basing on how much a
   vcpu executes, is this about how much credits a vcpu is given at
   the beginning/reset? How would it integrate with credits_per_tslice
   and friends?

> I want to multiply something to this formula according to the domain
> cpu usage. Thus I need to somehow find out cpu time for each domain.

Cpu usage in terms of what? Time? Percentage? Over what time interval?

It is certainly possible to figure out how long a vcpu executed on a
pcpu on a given time interval, but depending from the characteristics
of such time interval, the way to actually do that varies.

Dario