Re: [Xen-devel] Regression with commit 095497ffc66b7f031

On 15/07/16 12:35, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> On 15/07/2016 12:12, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

>>> This makes very little sense (not your fault)...  The commit doesn't
>>> change stack usage at all, TLS should not be on the stack.
>>>
>>> Can you capture a backtrace where the 16K stack is exceeded?  Perhaps
>>> it's only due to inlining decision on the compiler, in which case
>>> Peter's patch from today is only a bandaid.
>>
>> Hmm, I guess I hold off the vnc pull request for now ...
>
> Go ahead.  I looked at glibc source code and the patch is okay.

Paolo, do you know of any interface to obtain the size of the TLS area
taken from the stack (before calling pthread_create() )? This would
enable me to modify libxenstore to set the stack size to a sensible
value without having to choose a magic number which might fit for qemu,
but not for other users of libxenstore in the future.

Juergen