Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.8 Development Update

Hi Wei,

On 19/07/16 14:48, Wei Liu wrote:
> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
> woulk like to see in 4.8 so that people have an idea what is going on and
> prioritise accordingly.
>
> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
> working on.

I started working on ARM GICv3 ITS emulation. The ITS provides MSI-X
support for ARM machines using a GICv3 interrupt controller and having
it emulated in the hypervisor is a prerequisite for running any guests
(including Dom0) on machines which don't have GICv2 compatibility support.
I will focus on Dom0 support first, with DomU following afterwards. I
expect to have a working prototype soon and will post patches as soon as
this gets into a reviewable state, but definitely before the "last
posting date" in September.

So can you please add this item (below) to the tracking list?
If you need more information, please let me know.

> *  Xen ARM DomU ACPI support
>   -  Shannon Zhao
>
> *  Alternative patching support
>   -  Julien Grall