Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic on Xen virtualisation in Debian

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 12:42:39PM +0200, Andreas Ziegler wrote:

> >> ... and another crash below...
> >>
> >> But in the meanwhile, I wonder if anyone except Andreas and I has some
> >> interest in fixing this issue, as there were absolutely no comments or
> >> feedback on my previous mails. Quite disappointing. :-/
> >>

> > I did skim your emails. But the oops was happening in memcpy+0x6 which
> > indicated it came back to the origin question why would it got an
> > exception there.
> >
> [...]
> > Your report and the debian report suggested that Dom0 kernel is less
> > likely to be the culprit because you've tried different Dom0 kernels.
>
> yes we did. but nothing newer than 3.16 so far, we could try that, too.

There is a 4.5 backport kernel for Jessie. Or you can compile a Dom0
kernel with your config file. If you go down that route, I suggest you
either use the newest long term support Linux kernel (4.4 according to
kernel.org) or the latest stable kernel.

> > As for Xen, not sure if you would be up for trying a debug build from
> > source tree. That would help provide information on whether this is a
> > bug in Xen or not.
>
> ok, we'll try!
>

> > As for hardware, it would be worth trying whether this issue happens on
> > other hardware platform.
>
> as i wrote earlier on the list, we have two platforms which only have
> the Intel Xeon CPU in common, nothing else - and even that is from a
> very different generation.

OK.

Wei.