Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC v3 07/13] tables.h: add linker table support

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:24:41 -0700
"Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> +/**
> + * LINKTABLE_RUN_ALL - iterate and run through all entries on a linker table
> + *
> + * @tbl: linker table
> + * @func: structure name for the function name we want to call.
> + * @args...: arguments to pass to func
> + *
> + * Example usage:
> + *
> + *   LINKTABLE_RUN_ALL(frobnicator_fns, some_run,);
> + */
> +#define LINKTABLE_RUN_ALL(tbl, func, args...)
> \
> +do {                                                                 \
> +     size_t i;                                                       \
> +     for (i = 0; i < LINUX_SECTION_SIZE(tbl); i++)                   \
> +             (tbl[i]).func (args);                                   \
> +} while (0);
> +
> +/**
> + * LINKTABLE_RUN_ERR - run each linker table entry func and return error if
> any
> + *
> + * @tbl: linker table
> + * @func: structure name for the function name we want to call.
> + * @args...: arguments to pass to func
> + *
> + * Example usage:
> + *
> + *   unsigned int err = LINKTABLE_RUN_ERR(frobnicator_fns, some_run,);
> + */
> +#define LINKTABLE_RUN_ERR(tbl, func, args...)
> \
> +({                                                                   \
> +     size_t i;                                                       \
> +     int err = 0;                                                    \
> +     for (i = 0; !err && i < LINUX_SECTION_SIZE(tbl); i++)           \
> +             err = (tbl[i]).func (args);                             \
> +             err; \
> +})

These iteration APIs are a bit dangerous, at least for these APIs we'd better
change
name like as FUNCTABLE_RUN etc. because LINKTABLE can contain not only function
address
but also some data (or address of data).

Thank  you,

--
Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@xxxxxxxxxx>