Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.7.0 boot PANIC on kernel 4.7.0-4 + UEFI ?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016, at 09:03 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> It may very well be added.

Just fyi, it's not in here.  Yet.

> But having extra test-confirmation is always good.

Right, and I'm glad to do that.  I'd like to.  Goal is to keep moving the ball
forward.

And I've been testing what I've been asked to when I can do it with packages
that I have and that work.

I just haven't figured out yet how to use their 'build system' to build a
kernel and get it working to boot.

I built a kernel the 'upstream' way but that won't boot Xen at all.  Sure it's
something I'm not doing right, I know.

So

(1) I'll keep trying to DIY and get something running
(2) As soon as the distro patches their packages with the patches you all say
it should have, then I'll test them and report back

IF there's a different combination of different OS + packages for a Kernel
version + Xen version that is known to work with UEFI Dom0 & UEFI Guests then
I'm all ears.

A friend's starting to test KVM with QEMU + OVMF/UEFI on another box, and so
far so good I guess.  I don't want to use it for a bunch of reasons, so I'm
sticking it out in here.