Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 00/22] xen/arm: Rework the P2M code to follow break-before-make sequence

On 29/07/16 17:23, Julien Grall wrote:

On 28/07/16 18:46, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
Hi Julien,

Hello,

I sent this patch series as an RFC because there are still some TODOs
in the code (mostly sanity check and possible optimization) and I have
done limited testing. However, I think it is a good shape to start reviewing,
get more feedback and have wider testing on different board.

I've tested this series on my Cubietruck but when I try to enable
xen-access on a domain I get the following errors:

~/xen/tools/tests/xen-access# ./xen-access 1 write
xenaccess init
max_gpfn = 48000
starting write 1
(XEN) traps.c:2569:d1v0 HSR=0x9000004f pc=0xc029eb10 gva=0xc0e013c0
gpa=0x00000040e013c0
Error -1 setting all memory to access type 5

The same thing works fine on the latest staging build, so this series
introduces some regression along the way.

Well, memaccess is not working on staging. As soon as it is enabled, the console
is flooded with:

traps.c:2503:d1v0 HSR=0x9200004f pc=0xffffff8008579b90 gva=0xffffffc0011bf000
gpa=0x000000411bf000

And the guest is crashing soon after because it received a data abort.

I found the problem and sent a patch for unstable (see [1]). I can hit easily on all the platform I tested. So I am not sure why you don't see the issue on the cubietruck.

I will update patch #18 to apply a similar fix in p2m_split_superpage.

Regards,

[1] https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2016-07/msg03133.html

Regards,

--