[Xen-devel] Call for Testing : Grant Table User-space Device

Hello Everyone,

I am one of the students selected under FreeBSD for Google Summer of Code this year.

My project was to implement a user-space grant table device for FreeBSD and add the appropriate bindings for the device in Xen, to enable the qdisk backends. (More details: http://akshayjaggi.me/blog/gsoc-freebsd-xen-progress-report/

The code is right out the oven and cooked enough for testing now, and I would be glad if some of the community member would want to give it a try.

Instructions for applying the patches:

1) Apply freebsd_final_flash.patch to /usr/src on FreeBSD. Buildkernel and Installkernel.
2) Add xen_freebsd.patch to /usr/ports/sysutils/xen-tools/files/, and bind it to be applied in /usr/ports/sysutils/xen-tools/Makefile. Make and Make install.

Reboot and play! Change the backendtype to qdisk in the domain configuration files, and test. :)

Meanwhile, I am working on getting my work pushed into FreeBSD, and once the gntdev device is ready on FreeBSD, I'll push the necessary bindings in Xen.

Happy Testing!

Cheers and Regards,
Akshay Jaggi