Re: [Xen-devel] Proposed plan and URL name for new VM to download xen tarballs (ftp.xenproject.org)

> On 8 Aug 2016, at 14:51, Ian Jackson <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Lars Kurth writes ("Proposed plan and URL name for new VM to download xen
> tarballs (ftp.xenproject.org)"):
>> To fix this, the current plan of record is to
>> - Copy existing tarballs to an existing or new VM
>> - To expose that VM via the new public URL ftp.xenproject.org (this is
>> non-browsable, thus ftp - we also already have
>> https://downloads.xenproject.org/ to host legacy content)
>> - To only publish new tarballs on https://ftp.xenproject.org
>> - To update http://xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives.html to use the new
>> VM
>
> We should consider whether the release tarballs (and ancient Xen 3.x
> docs archive) could be put on https://downloads.xenproject.org/.
>
> Looking at the webserver directory listing there suggests that we
> could fit the `new' content alongside the old.

I don't mind. I can ask Credativ whether that is doable from a load
perspective. But the answer is probably yes.

I am assuming this would not create any extra complexities for the workflow of
creating tarballs? Please confirm.

>> We would either keep existing tarballs on bits.xensource.com OR - if we have
>> sufficient control - implement a 301 redirect to the new site. This would
>> ensure that 3rd party links to tarballs are not broken.
>
> We might be able to manage that.

What I thought: a simple change to .htaccess should be all that is needed

Lars