Re: [Xen-devel] Save/Restore is not working properly

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Cendrin Sa <cendrinoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was searching a way to clone a machine using both memory and disk
> approach.
> I checked xen save/restore but after restoring, I can only work some seconds
> with my machine and it will crash with the_kernel_task_hang_up.
> using an script* to clone a machine is not working either.
> so is it a bug or something or I'm cloning the wrong way?

Thanks for the bug report -- but you're missing a lot of important
information to help us figure out what's going wrong.  You need to let
us know what version of Xen you're running, attach all the relevant
config files, and include the relevant console output.

So to begin with -- just to understand -- if you do a simple save /
restore, does that work?

Also, if you just do a save (without pausing), and then restore with
the alternate VM config, does that work?

Thanks,
 -George