Re: [Xen-devel] [Design RFC] Towards work-conserving RTDS scheduler

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 6:22 AM, Dario Faggioli
<dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-08-09 at 09:57 -0400, Meng Xu wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 5:38 AM, Dario Faggioli
>> <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm just thinking out loud and
>> > wondering:
>> >  - could it be useful to have a scheduling analysis in place for
>> > the
>> >    scheduler in work conserving mode (one, of course, that takes
>> > into
>> >    account and give guarantees on the otherwise idle bandwidth... I
>> >    know that the existing one holds! :-P) ?
>> >  - if yes, do you already have one --or do you think it will be
>> >    possible to develop one-- for your priority-index based model?
>> I think I could potentially develop one such analysis.
>>
> Great. Let me know if you need any help writing the paper! :-P

Sure, I definitely will. :-D
I'm in the middle of another work. I need to do some survey on the
literatures (such as the ones you mentioned) about the work-conserving
real-time scheduling. The ideal goal in my mind is to have the
scheduler become work-conserving, and we can have a paper as a "side
product".  ;-)

Thanks and best regards,

Meng