Re: [Xen-devel] Issue in MPX support in Xen

>>> On 25.08.16 at 18:53, <dmitry.rockosov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are working on enabling XEN with WindRiver Simics, which is Intel
> reference functional simulator for servers.
>
> We found the issue in XEN with MPX using.
> If MPX is supported by CPUID, but MPX is not supported by VMX, XEN is
> failing on store CPU MSR GUEST_BNDCFGS (file
> xen-4.7.0/xen/arch/x86/hvm/vmx/vmx.c:798).
>
> SDM says in 24.4.1 Guest Register State:
> IA32_BNDCFGS (64 bits). This field is supported only on processors that
> support either the 1-setting of the
> "load IA32_BNDCFGS" VM-entry control or that of the "clear IA32_BNDCFGS"
> VM-exit control.
>
> Looks like XEN doesn't consult VM-entry control or VM-exit control listed in
> SDM.

Could you give the attached patch a try? It's against -unstable and
will require trivial adjustment to two of the vmx.c hunks in order to
apply to 4.7.

Andrew, Kevin, Jun - please take a look as well, in particular regarding
the non-commit-message remark.

Jan