Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] x86/boot: Don't use BDA value if it's suspiciously small

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 5:10 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  I'm not sure. I'd like to see the current logic altered as little as
>>> possible, and what you suggest above is more than that minimum.
>>
>> Then, that would be more like the very first patch I posted but just
>> change the 0x1000 low limit to 0x4000.
>
> I thought I had made clear that I think this then ought to be 0x1050.

The current code validates EBDA location and the value from the MBI
against 0x4000 as the lower limit (I was wrong previously when saying
it was 0x1000), so I thought I wouldn't introduce yet another magic
constant limit and just use the same value.
But if you'd rather go with 0x1050, I'll use that.

Cheers,

    Sylvain