[Xen-devel] fail to register IRQ for virtualization exception

Hello.

I'm recently trying to utilize the virtualization exception (#VE) feature. As the document says, #VE is handled by guest interrupt handler. The IRQ number of #VE is 20. However, when I tried to register an IRQ handler for #VE, it returns errno -22, which means invalid arguments.

request_irq(20, ve_handlerIRQF_NO_SUSPEND, "ve", NULL)

Is there anything wrong?

To handle this system reserved exception, should I modify the linux kernel
instead of using loadable kernel module (LKM)? As the IRQ number 20 is not defined in linux kernel (traps.h), also no exception handling function is defined (traps.c). As it is defined as a system reserved exception, so I can't register it using LKM?

BTW, I've already enabled #VE feature using HVMOP_altp2m_vcpu_enable_notify.

The attachment is the definition of #VE from Intel Manual.