[Xen-devel] Two new x86 boxes in Mass colo (nobling[01])

FYI

Dell and us have now finished the exchange of the two problematic test
machines oseleta* with two new machines nobling0 and nobling1.

I have finished running commissioning tests and they are mostly
looking good.  However, I am going to hold off putting them into
service, because they expose a bug in current released versions of the
Debian installer kernel.

I see a crash in identify_boot_cpu / identify_cpu, from d-i inside a
PV guest.  It's reproducible, but affects only 32-bit PV guests.

Andrew Cooper helpfully looked at my stack trace and observed that the
bug was very likely lack of 581b7f158fe0383b492acd1ce3fb4e99d4e57808
in Debian's kernel.  The Debian kernel in question has version
3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u2 and the fix is in 3.16.7-ckt22.

Debian intend to do a stable point release on the 17th of September,
and I observe that jessie-proposed-updates contains linux
3.16.7-ckt25-2+deb8u2.  So I think the Debian point release will fix
it.

Ian.

This mail is partly a note to myself :-).