Re: [Xen-devel] Getting started with Xen Project

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 02:30:39PM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 03:51:33PM +0530, Aashaka Shah wrote:
> > Hello! I am Aashaka. I like computer architecture and have a good knowledge
> > of C. While browsing Outreachy projects, I came across the project about
> > adding PVH support to OVMF binaries. Since it looked interesting, I started
> > reading the mailing-list link mentioned in the project description and also
> > the Beginners section in navigation by audience column.
> >
> > Currently, I have very little, in fact, no, experience developing with the
> > Xen Project. I would like to know how to continue with getting familiar
> > with the terms, setting up the codebase and making contributions.
>
> Hello,
>
> Anthony (who I've added to the Cc) already started looking into this, so I
> think you should better coordinate with him regarding this project.

Hello, yes, I'm actually already working on it. Sorry.

There is part of this project where we would need to enable network
support in OVMF via the Xen PV interface. The challenge here would be to
work without interrupt, the only interrupt available in OVMF is a timer.
Then, one can use the implementation of netfront from FreeBSD.

--
Anthony PERARD