Re: [Xen-devel] Device model operation hypercall (DMOP, re qemu depriv)

>>> On 21.09.16 at 13:28, <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the other slight bit of information missing from Jan at least
> (and perhaps also David) is the difference between their preference /
> recommendation and their requirement.
>
> That is, if David and Jan each strongly recommend their own preferred
> method, but are willing to (perhaps grudingly) give Ack's to an
> implementaton of the other's method, then it's really down to the one
> doing the implementation to read the advice and make their own decision
> as best they can.
>
> If someone feels strongly enough to Nack the other version, please say
> so now; otherwise, I think Ian (since it seems like he'll be the one
> implementing it) should make his best judgement based on the arguments
> available and begin implementation.

No, I don't think I'd nack David's / Jenny's version (after all the type
issue can be taken care off by sufficient discipline of both submitters
and reviewers), but I do think that it failed to point out this downside,
which imo moves the balance between the two proposals.

Jan