Re: [Xen-devel] Proposed plan and URL name for new VM to download xen tarballs (ftp.xenproject.org)

Lars Kurth writes ("Re: Proposed plan and URL name for new VM to download xen
tarballs (ftp.xenproject.org)"):
> Using downloads.xenproject.org seems to be the best way then.

I have:

 * Used cvs-repomove to move the primary cvs repository for the
   Xen releases to mail.xenproject.org aka downloads.xenproject.org.
   The repo is in
      /home/downloads-cvs/cvs-repos
   It can be checked out with
      cvs -d mail.xenproject.org:/home/downloads-cvs/cvs-repos co xen.org
   (if you have the appropriate permission, of course)

 * Used cvs-repomove to update my own personal working tree.  If there
   are other working trees, `cvs-repomove' (with no arguments, in the
   appropriate directory) will adjust them.  (cvs-repomove is in the
   Debian package chiark-scripts.)

 * Checked out a copy into a new directory
     /data/downloads.xenproject.org/xen.org

 * Made a symlink `release' in the root of the
   downloads.xen[project].org webtree pointing into the cvs checkout's
   `release'.

See https://downloads.xenproject.org/ for the result.

Lars, what do you think of this ?

Things I have not done:

 * Carefully considered whether the name `release' there is right.

 * Adjusted any web pages referring to the tarballs.

 * Anything about tidying up the other things found in
   https://downloads.xenproject.org/ (most of which are historical, I
   think).

 * Provided any anonymous access to the cvs repo containing the
   downloads webtree.  I think this is unnecessary.

 * Updated the release checklist.

 * Thought properly about what to do about the akamai account.
   I guess we should keep updating the files on akamai for the
   foreseeable future - at least, as long as we can.  Many downstreams
   seem to have url-guessing arrangements which use the
   `bits.xensource.com' URLs.  I'm also not sure about the status of
   the other files in the akamai account.

Ian.