Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] XEN-4.8-rc2 sched-rtds does not accept settings

----- On 18 Oct, 2016, at 17:41, Meng Xu xumengpanda@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 6:51 AM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> CC Dario and Meng
>
> Thank you very much for cc.ing me, Wei! :-)

why are you not on the list?

> The short story is:
> If you use "xl sched-rtds -v all", you will see the parameters are changed.
>
> Another thing is that the current RTDS scheduler will only allocate
> the amount of resource to the VCPU you set.  Since you set period and
> budget to be 20000 and 8000, you only get 40% CPU resource. (We won't
> get more resource than you set under the current RTDS.)

what is the min max?

> We are working on another improved version of the RTDS, which could
> let a VCPU get more resource that specified when there is idle
> resource left in the system.
> If you could tell us what you want to use RTDS to achieve, we could
> take that into consideration when we improve the RTDS further.

well I just wanted to test it and see how it performs and don't have a special
need for this scheduler

except shutting up loudmouthes who say you can not assure min  resources to a
domain :-)

btw i switched to oxenstored

Juergen