Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete test-amd64-i386-xl-qemut-stubdom-debianhvm-amd64-xsm

On 31/10/16 10:31, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Andrew Cooper writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete
> test-amd64-i386-xl-qemut-stubdom-debianhvm-amd64-xsm"):
>> On 30/10/16 04:29, osstest service owner wrote:
>>>   Last fail repro: http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/101803/
>> Where can I find the build logs for the bisection runs?  I am fairly
>> sure I have a newer version of Ocaml than comes by default in Debian,
>> and I wonder whether I have hit some version-dependent behaviour.
> Let me walk you through this.
>
> We'll follow links starting with, say, the "Last fail repro" url,
> above:
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/101803/
>
> Click on the test column heading to get to
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/101803/test-amd64-i386-xl-qemut-stubdom-debianhvm-amd64-xsm/info.html
>
> Scroll down and you'll see `Test control variables'.  Select the build
> of interest, which I think is `buildjob'.  (There are also
> `xenbuildjob' which is the hypervisor build, and `kernbuildjob' which
> is, as might be expected, the kernel.)  So click through to
> 101797.build-i386-xsm:
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/101797/build-i386-xsm/info.html
>
> The main build log is that for the `xen-build' step:
>
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/101797/build-i386-xsm/4.ts-xen-build-prep.log
>
> Finding out which ocaml was actually installed can sometimes be a
> little harder, because build host sharing means that the run of
> `host-build-prep' shown in that job might be a no-op, and there isn't
> an easy way to click through to the job that actually did the install
> (sorry).
>
> However, it's easy enough to know what ocaml was probably installed:
> looking at `Test control variables' in the build job, you see
> `all_host_suite' with value `jessie'.  Then go here
>
> https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
>
> and in the `search package directories' enter `ocaml' (searching
> within `stable', since jessie is currently stable);
>
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=ocaml&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all
>
> Results: 4.01.0-5.

Thankyou.  It turns out that I am using the same version of Ocaml.

However, looking at the build log, I think the fact that this is a 32bit
build of the binary might be the salient point.  Let me see if I can
rebuild oxenstored as 32bit.

~Andrew